dehumidifier drain hose into sump

Old 06-10-03, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dehumidifier drain hose into sump

my dehumidifier, a 50 pt per day unit with bucket is quite inconvienient to empty into the sink every day or so and i am considering running the condensate into a sump located in my basement (approx. the same place where the unit is now located) is this recommended as typical practice? if so can this cause a mold problem at the sump area or additional load on the dehumidifier as the condensate waste water is not really being removed quickly etc. Any input to this would be appreciated. Also I do have a laundry sink that I was thinking or raising the unit about 3 feet off the ground and draining to but I think that that may hinder dehumidifier performance.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-03, 03:57 AM
maadi_griffin
Visiting Guest
running the drain to your sump pump should not pose a problem for you. raising the unit off the floor should not pose a problem either. i've been doing mine like that for the past 27 years.

the only thing to consider is the location. if it's near a constant water source, it will work harder to dry the air. sort of like recirculating the same water......