Room air conditioner leaking from front

Old 06-14-03, 01:47 PM
m259
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Room air conditioner leaking from front

My Panasonic room air conditioner is leaking from the front.
It is a wall unit. I had pulled the chassis out to clean it for the first time in 6 years. This problem has started ever since I did that.
I brought it to a air conditioning repair place and explained to them the problem and what I did. The gentlemen there said he did not want to take my money and told me to get some simple green and wash the whole unit down. Condenser coils and all. Even after I had already cleaned the unit. He even showed me where to drill a few more holes for drainage.
I did what he said and it is still leaking in front of unit.
I do not see any blockages. The unit is tiled back like it should be.
I imagine there is a blockage some where but I cannot figure it out. Help!! Please

Old 06-14-03, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
leakin the AC

If you have The unit so it does slopes to the out side .I would look for a slot that goes under that like wall that is between the front coil and the back coil. On All window units the water comes off the inside coil and has to run out to the out side coil. There the slinger on that fan blades picks it up and puts in over that coil to help cool it and get the water out. When it cant keep up with the humidity then the water just run out the over flow. Look for some openings under that little wall. Sometimes its a small pipe that goes from the inside to the outside ED

Old 06-30-03, 10:23 AM
m259
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Problem fixed

Thank you. I found that one of the sides was blocked. Not allowing the water to run to the back. It is working fine now. Thank you for your help.
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: