AC & furnace

Old 07-09-03, 01:20 PM
meomel
Visiting Guest
AC & furnace

Hello,

This is my 1st posting. This is a long posting but I have many questions. I appreciate all the help in my questions trying to fix/replace my AC and furnace.

The previous owner installed a Lennox AC (model HS29) and furnace (model G24M3/4X 100A). During the last heat wave 2 weeks, I found out that my AC is not working. The next heat wave is coming. The fan on the AC unit outside is running but not inside the house. When I switch to heater, the fan inside does work. Called an AC service repairmman and he mentioned that the PC board is bad. Does this sound right? What else would cause this problem?

Unfortunately, the existing Lennox PC board (#33J6201) is not made anymore. Lennox replaced it with new model #65K07. If I want to replace new PC board, it would cost me $200 for part + $300 for labor because new board require major installation work. Where can I find the old model of the PC board? Usually how long do these PC board last? Is it normal for the relay component to go bad? The label on my unit said "1st Service in 1996". Can I fix this board myself? Where would I start? Lennox does not sell directly to consumer and they don't have the old model anymore.

He suggested that I replace the furnace with Trane and keep the existing Lennox AC. Is this compatible? What issue(s) would arise if I do this?

Usually how long the furnace and AC last before you need to replace with new ones? If I have to replace new AC and furnace, what brand would you recommend?

TIA,
Melissa

Old 07-09-03, 05:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
call somebody else for sure!

300 for labor?!?! a few changes, did the first one in about 40 minutes, having to follow directions, now takes 20 or 30 tops...that is 600$/hr!! we do it for about 250 installed. you cannot fix it, may be able to get it at www.heatcoolparts.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: