Baseboard heat covers

Old 06-17-03, 07:36 AM
dnewma04
Visiting Guest
Baseboard heat covers

I have been looking for a replacement baseboard heat (hot water) cover. Does anyone have any links to sources? I have searched and have not come up with anything other than hot water radiators covers.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-03, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot water

Try over at www.heatinghelp.com thats where the wet heads are. they can tell you I think ED

Old 06-17-03, 03:20 PM
maadi_griffin
Visiting Guest
Lowe's and Home Depot carry them...or, if you want to get into it...look at these...

http://www.missionwoodworking.com/index.php

Old 06-18-03, 07:32 AM
dnewma04
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the suggestions. I did check out Mission but I can't justify the costs. After doing some more research, I think I may just go with making my own out of wood with a stainless metal lining to direct the heat into the room. Should be cheap and easy, I was just hoping to not have to spend the time.

I will check out the other link provided before I do anything.

Thanks again.

Old 06-18-03, 12:37 PM
baseboard

If you make your own make sure you let room on the bottom for air too get in.Make them so they come off easy so you can clean the fins out all the time. Went on a no heat call one time boiler and burner ran just fine. Found lint on all the fins on the bottom in the baseboard and that stopped the air so no heat to the rooms.Boiler running like mad ED

Old 07-09-03, 11:42 AM
dnewma04
Visiting Guest
How much room would you suggest leaving at the bottom? would 1/2" be sufficient?

Old 07-09-03, 11:57 AM
dnewma04
Visiting Guest
I was planning on no space at the bottom, but leaving it open makes complete sense now. THis is essentially what I am planning.

Old 07-09-03, 12:31 PM
baseboard

Like the old covers I would let an 1" or more at the floor for air.The warm air goes up the wall there and the cold air comes over to the bottom of the baseboard and up the wall when it gets warm. ED