A/C blows a fuse

Old 06-19-03, 08:50 PM
Barbarry
Visiting Guest
A/C blows a fuse

I'm having a problem with my central air conditioner. It will run for a few minutes, then will trip the fuse and shut off. I've called the A/C company, but it will be almost two weeks before they can come. Is there any easy quick checks that I can make to see if I can fix it myself. I'm not too handy; I thought it was a stroke of brilliance on my part to check the circuit breaker when the A/C stopped working.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-03, 05:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
With the system on and breaker re-set check to see if the unit outside is running. The fan on the outside unit should be running and the compressor should be humming. Several things can cause the breaker to trip and unless you have the right tools you may just make things worse.

Is there no other companies around that can get there sooner?

Old 06-20-03, 03:28 PM
Barbarry
Visiting Guest
You are probably right about making things worse - just wanted to see if there was anything obvious that I was missing or not doing.

Old 06-20-03, 03:28 PM
Barbarry
Visiting Guest
You are probably right about making things worse - just wanted to see if there was anything obvious that I was missing or not doing. Thanks for the advice.

Old 06-21-03, 02:25 AM
PECseptic
Visiting Guest
an answer to ac problems

Check out the new craze in technology of heating and cooling, the portable roll around air conditioner, check out the to help solve your problems at XXXX XXXXX and feel free to call or email from page for immediate help or answers to questions.

Moderator note:

Advertising is a paid service offered by DIY.com. Please contact site management for rates.

Last edited by GregH; 06-21-03 at 07:24 AM.