sealed condensing pan

Old 06-27-03, 11:10 PM
Michael
Visiting Guest
sealed condensing pan

I have an old GE cental A/C in attic, blocked by beams, can't get to main pan to drain, it is totally enclosed in the unit. The overflow pan is clear and assessable. How do I get into the unit to unclog the main drain? Thanks, Michael.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-03, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A wise guy would say "ask the guy who installed it how to get at it". I see that type of installation often. Usually it is the air filter that gets blocked in by refrigerant lines with no regard for future service.

Your best bet might be to find the drain line somewhere away from the unit and cut it and use a shop vac to suck out all that is bad from the lne. You can couple it with a piece of hose and clamp it until next time.

Old 06-30-03, 05:32 PM
i agree

as long as the problem is not a rusted out pan, cutting it downline and vaccuuming it will work well. also, you may want to put some bleach into the drain to keep this from happening again.

Old 06-30-03, 06:24 PM
Angry fREE STANDING

The condensate line, by code, is supposed to be free standing, this should allow you to locate where the condensate drips out without cutting anything, and suck it out from there...

Old 07-16-03, 08:08 PM
Michael
Visiting Guest
Thanks, will try......had other problems that came up, but now hopefully I can get to this.......thanks again, Michael