Buzzing noise from the HeatPump when fan off

Old 06-30-03, 12:24 PM
zampak
Visiting Guest
Buzzing noise from the HeatPump when fan off

Hello: I have a Goodman CPKJ48 heatpump. I had the capacitor replaced couple of days ago by service tech. The unit keeps making loud buzzing sound even when the fan is not running. (The noise goes away when I turn move inside thermostate to OFF)

The tech came again to look at it and told me that its the reversing valve making the noise. He said it should be ok.

The other identical unit is extremely quiet under similar condition. (Unit on Cooling and Fan is off after reaching desired temperature).

I would like to know if I need to replace this part soon. Is it the warning of the future problem?

I am electrically inclined... So it is easy to replace part by myself or I am dealing with freon plumbing which needs the AC tech.

Thanx

Old 06-30-03, 02:30 PM
lynn comstock
Visiting Guest
The tech is right.

The solinoid coil is energized and making the noise. Cleaning the iron core of the solinoid mechanism with fine sandpaper may stop the noise. If not, the noise is harmless to the machine. If it bugs you, change the solinoid coil.

Old 06-30-03, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
should you have to change it

it doen not involve the refrigerant, those generally clip in place, then hook the wires back up. i agree with lynn, have cleaned them to shut them up before, although the noise is harmless in most cases.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: