Relocating Thermostat

Old 07-11-03, 09:55 AM
jsfetzik
Visiting Guest
Relocating Thermostat

I am considering relocating my thermostat. Currently it is smack in the middle of the living room wall and looks 'bad'. I will be moving it basically to an adjacent wall about 12 feet away. both are interior walls.

I have a gas forced air furnace with central air. The thermostat is a digital one, I believe it is a White-Rodgers.

This looks to be any easy task. Just fish the cable from the basement to the new location.

Are there any potential problems I should be aware of?

Is there a specific type of cable to get for this? I assume I need the same number and color of conductors. Is there a standard cable I should look for?

Thanks,
john

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-03, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
tstat

Just ask for tstat wire.It comes in 20 gauge and from just 2 wire up to 8 wire. So get what you need for it. This new wall you want to put it on. On the other side of it there wont be like any big lights or a tv setup tight to the wall?If so it can make the tstat not right. Turn the power off before you work on it. Mark down the color code that is on all the screws in it so you put them back the same way ED

Old 07-11-03, 09:38 PM
jsfetzik
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. The only thing on the new wall is one AC outlet and one light switch. I will make sure the circuits for those are shut off before I go fishing in the wall.