central air intsallation

Old 07-14-03, 12:20 PM
lantern
Visiting Guest
central air intsallation

i'm a total do it yourselfer, re-did the plumbing and electrical on my house as well as adding a room on. my next challenge is a central ac/heater.

the problem is i can't find any literature on installation. every place seems to only offer installation with purchase or they just deliver parts without complete instructions.

where can i get instructions on how to install? i'm even willing to compromise and just do the duct work and get just the unit installed, but i can't find anything on that even.

can someone point me to a helpful website or book?

thanks in a advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-03, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
duct work

Try and go over to www.llbuildingproducts.com It will give you a start. You just dont go over and run a load on the home. lay out and make up all the duct work. put the furnace and all the duct work in. Run the ref lines and set the outdoor unit and fire it off with gauges and a freon tank. It does take a couple of years to get there you know. ED

Old 07-14-03, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ed is right

as we say the learning curve is steep. one missed step will make you wish you had hired a contractor. installing the equipment then hiring an a/c guy to tie in and do a start up is an excellent idea. is this a change out? will you be adding ductwork, or tying into existing?