refrigeration intrest

Old 07-24-03, 05:30 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
refrigeration intrest

refrigeration has always been an intrest to me on how it works, I could not do it for a living due to the area I,m in has a short cooling season, and almost no heating season.

I work as a civil engineer.

Due to intrest I have my certificate in all phases, low, high, appliance. but i notice when ever one ask a question The HVAC communitee gets mean. The only answer is "You cannot do that legal" Yes I can.

Why do Hvac people have atitute, electricians don't. Plumbers don't .

Old 07-24-03, 09:05 AM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
Sounds like you tried hanging out at www.hvac-talk.com

You can do almost anything legally except handle refrigerant if you are not EPA certified. If you are certified, then you can, however the certification doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're doing. What question do you have?

Old 07-24-03, 09:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
"you cannot do that legally" would refer to an individual with out certification, not applying to you. maybe we do have an attitude, it could be possibly because of federal guidelines that we must adhere to, keeping track of refrigerant use for possible EPA audits, regular mandatory continuing education, etc. think about all those guys changing their own systems in their autos over to R134. they sell the kit in walmart, 40 bucks. what do you reckon the DIYer is doing with the current charge held by the system? VENTING!!! let me be caught doing this and i will lose everything i have.....so i ask you, brownbagg.......what makes homeowners think they are better than us that they do not have to abide by federal regulations, then post on sites like this for info on how to shortcut the laws, thereby costing us business? ever hear of a plumber having to federally certify to buy and or use pvc? an electrician account for every foot of 10-2 with ground he bought last year?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: