heat pump

Old 07-31-03, 04:25 PM
D
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
heat pump

i am in the process of doing alot of improvments on my house on a very limited budget and i got a heck of a deal on a 3ton split unit for my house no my question is i know how to do the electric on it and i know how to do the duct work but i am not sure if ther is anything speacil about the lines that have to be run i know how to swet pipe but i wanted to make sure that it is the saame thing or not i am totaly in the dark when it comes to this part also i know the unit is precharged and i dont want to screw it i looked at alot of differnt bids and i jst cant afford them buying the unit zapped what i did have so any help would be great

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-03, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A/C

I think you should stop right here. Yes set the furnace and the coil in it.Yes run all the duct work. Yes set the outdoor unit and wire it. Then call a HVAC tech to run the copper lines vacuum and charge it . You have to be EPA to do this. Oh and you dont sweat solder the lines you should use someting like sil flos 15 ED

Old 07-31-03, 05:20 PM
D
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
thanks that just what i wanted to know i didnt want to mess it up and i wasnt sure of it so i thought i would ask so cool thanks