heat pump

Old 08-01-03, 02:30 PM
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
heat pump

i just purchased a GOODMAN CENTRAL HEAT AIR HANDLER 3 ton unit a 3 ton arcoair heat pump out door unit i couldnt pass up the deal since they are both brand new and never been used or scrached i payed 500 for the whole deal is i know goodman is a name brand but what do you guys or gals think did i make out is ther a compatable issue here or what

Old 08-01-03, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you saved

a couple of hundred, are you going to install it yourself?

Old 08-01-03, 02:44 PM
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
for the most part i am not going to do the line set though i hear that can be a pain and i am not to sure about that part i know how to do the electric and everything else but not the line set part did i do good or what i dont have a clue

Old 08-01-03, 05:31 PM
here is what i would do

you have not mentioned if you are going to change it out or if this ia a new install. you can save a lot of money by doing ductwork, pulling the lineset and electrical. a tech needs to be brought in to braze connections, pull vacuum (MUST be done) and do start up using the superheat method as i would assume you do not have a TXV. does this equipment come with a warranty?

Old 08-01-03, 05:32 PM
yes

you did well as long as it gets installed correctly.

Old 08-01-03, 05:48 PM
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
it is a new install in a older house i am going to do all the duct work and electric and thermasat and maybe run the line set but as far as braze the lines and charge them i am going to have to call someone else in but i am more worried about compatabileity or how i should run the duct work the air handler will be in about the center of the house and i will be runing the duct work through the attic i am planing on useing 8 and 10 inch flex insulated ductwork do you see that as a problem if so what other suggestions do you have and ideas would help me greatly

Old 08-01-03, 06:52 PM
3 tons

of airflow must be considered when sizing the duct. general rule is 400 cfm/ton, you need to distribute 1200 cfm through your duct system. have a heat load done on the building before installation to verify correct tonnage needed, incorrectly sized equipment will give you many headaches. good luck

Old 08-02-03, 05:48 AM
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
i had all that done so i know a 3ton unit is correct i had many estimates done on my house and had several load calcs done so i am good ther

Old 08-02-03, 06:26 PM
in that case

you are good to go, good luck!

Old 08-02-03, 06:56 PM
dwhalen
Visiting Guest
ok but how should i do the duct work i am stuck with putting the vents in the ceiling since putting them in the wall would require to much patch work but how should i do the plenum and since the air handlier is in the middle of the house should i run multible sections of the plenium or use a T and a few Y's off of the T and what should i use to build my plenium and what is the best way to design it for the best proformance

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: