A/C leaking inside my house

Old 08-02-03, 03:49 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C leaking inside my house

I came home yesterday to find that my air conditioning unit had been leaking and was in the process of ruining my daughters new carpet. this unit must be as old as the house that was built in 1979. the unit is kept in a closet like area in my hallway around from where the unit is, is a large vent that is directly under the unit itself. when i bought the home two years ago i took the vent off to look inside and found a big tin disposable pan under there that i am assuming was catching the leaking water. Anyways I had the leak last year but i resealed where i could see it was leaking. Well now it is leaking all over the bottom of this unit, I dont have the money to replace it and im not sure it would be covered by insurance, if anyone has some suggestions please let me know. thanks a million.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-03, 04:07 PM
C
Is this water draining from a pan? There should be a drain somewhere. There should be a drain line running from the pan to outside. Check to see if the line is blocked and not allowing the water to drain. If it is blocked, clean it out, so the water can drain.

Old 08-02-03, 04:45 PM
what is

make and model?

Old 08-05-03, 01:40 AM
L
a/c unit leaking inside my house

thanks for your help, as for the leaks, there coming from the unit itself, there is a white hose going outside from the unit which im assuming is where it suppose to drain, and i am not able to see if its clogged. but underneath that unit is where the leaks are coming from and last year the leaks were towards the front of the unit where i change the filter, but now the leaks are in every corner of the unit, as if maybe something is clogged or over filled, im really not sure. but , there are flames for what im assuming is the heating, also there are alot of wires getting wet in there where i change the filter and that concerns me, im a single mom who is trying to be mechanically inclined. and have yet to get the model and make information but i will let you know that information tomorrow. ok

thanks again guys your a great help
kim

Old 08-05-03, 05:12 AM
Either blow into or if you have a wet/dry vac suck on the end of the white hose and see if it starts draining. Sounds like your problem is a clog and rotted out condensate pan.
Insurance will pay for the damage it caused but not the repair. But before you call them weigh the cost because alot of insurance companies are either dropping people or really raising rates anytime there is water damage claims due to the growing number of mold lawsuits.

Old 08-09-03, 05:37 PM
L
Thumbs up

Originally posted by mattison
Either blow into or if you have a wet/dry vac suck on the end of the white hose and see if it starts draining. Sounds like your problem is a clog and rotted out condensate pan.
Insurance will pay for the damage it caused but not the repair. But before you call them weigh the cost because alot of insurance companies are either dropping people or really raising rates anytime there is water damage claims due to the growing number of mold lawsuits.