AC dripping inside basement unit

Old 08-15-03, 06:56 AM
mzak
Visiting Guest
AC dripping inside basement unit

I'm new to this forum and could really use some help. I have a York central air unit in my basement. The last 2 days I have heard a dripping noise inside the duct area over top of the unit. It drips constantly unless the unit hasn't been running for awhile (like overnight). I noticed this morning a small puddle underneath the unit. Not major yet. I read on other issues here that it could be a clogged pvc drain pipe. I'm not sure if that is the problem yet but would I hear dripping noises if that were the case?

Old 08-15-03, 07:40 AM
mzak
Visiting Guest
further information

There is no leaking anywhere other than directly under the unit. The unit is 8 years old. The house temp has been constantly about 75 except at night when it goes down to about 70. The dripping stops when the unit isn't running for awhile.

Old 08-15-03, 07:59 AM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Most likely the condensate drain line is clogged. Find where it empties and use a shop vac to try and pull it clean. Wrapping a wet rag aruond the shop vac/drain line connection will help seal it and clean it out better.

Old 08-15-03, 11:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A/C

You can also try this . We carry a short length of clear vinyl hose that just fits in the inside of the 3/4 pvc drain pipe. slip it on the end and just blow in it. Stand back and let the yuck flow most of the time this works for us. If not cut the pvc pipe by the unit and blow both ways just use a pvc couplin to put it back. ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: