condensser fan wiring

Old 08-22-03, 11:53 AM
arcraye
Visiting Guest
Unhappy condensser fan wiring

I am trying to install a new fan motor and am stuped on the wiring configuration for it. New fan has: Black wire, white wire, brown striped wire, brown wire and red wire. unit has capacitator, and "another somthing", and the black sqaure contact box with two black connectors, one goes to the line coming in and one to the condessor, two adjacent conectors, with one white wire and one black wire, then two more conectors,1st with two red wires, one to the compressor and one to the incoming. and 2nd with wires that don't seem to have anything to do with the condensser. From the capacitator comes a small red wire to the red wire conectors and a split to the "another somthing" My question is: Brown go to the capacitator, black goes to black, red goes to red, where does the white one coming form the fan motor go???????

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-03, 03:11 AM
lcam
Visiting Guest
I just installed a condensser fan yesterday, the original fan has 3 wires(black, yellow, and brown). black goes to contact, yellow and brown wires go to capacitor.
the new one I put in has 4 wires (black, white, brown striped, and brown). the decal on the fan say " black and white wire go to line (which is hot), and brown wires go to capacitor.
I connected black wire to contactor, both brown wires go to capacitor. the seller told me that I don't need to use the white wire (I capped it). It's worked.

Just another experience to share w/.

Old 08-23-03, 07:15 AM
arcraye
Visiting Guest
Unhappy condensser fan

Didn' t work I let the smoke out of the fan.......