New compressor and condensor

Old 08-28-03, 05:43 PM
mktyars
Visiting Guest
Question New compressor and condensor

How long does it take to cool an average apt. They but in a new unit but I think there is an issue with the inside unit. I don't know any thing about airconditioning except that when I moved in I could get my apt to 70 degrees inside if I wanted too now it only goes as low as 80 degrees. What do you think the issue could be. Any feedback would be very helpful!

Old 08-28-03, 08:53 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure what you ment? You have forced Air system. and they just put in a new outdoor unit, and nothing inside of the Apt?

If that's so, you maybe have the wrong sized indoor coil on the unit , and it's not allowing it to cool down right..

You have any air flow coming out o the vents?

New Filter?

Coil clean and new w/ replacement?

Vents open?

Power turned on the outdoor unit?

I d get in touch with the dealer who installed this.. or tell your Land Lord.

Old 08-28-03, 11:52 PM
mktyars
Visiting Guest
thank you for responding

yes to all your questions

I want to know what the transformers function is with the system an also the thermostat.

The apt has sent out 2 professionals who say everything is fine. But it is not my air should get cooler I just need to do some brain stoming with someone who knows whats going on so I can let them know what else to look for

Old 08-29-03, 04:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How long have you let it run ? Sometimes it may take 24-48 hours of running to get temp back down and remove all the humidity.
Did you see these "pros" apartment complex's have a reputation of hiring hacks and alot get the maint. guy certified and let him loose. Just because he's certified don't mean he knows what he's doing. There is probly an issue with the inside unit. Something caused the outdoor unit to die and alot of times it's related to the indoor unit. They should have replace the indoor coil when they replaced the condensor or at least cleaned the indoor coil.
The transformers function is to reduce voltage to a safer and easier to work with level. If you have 110v going to the transformer it will reduce it to 24v enabling us to use much smaller wires to control all the relays, contactors, and such. The t-stat is normally powered of the transformer and feeds 24v power to the equipment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: