Soot from candles

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-28-99, 04:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question

I'm worried about my ventilation in my 1950s home. When I burn candles, soot attaches itself to everything in the entire house. What should this tell me about the ventilation? Can it cause lung diseases?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-28-99, 08:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

Jamie: I am not going to get into the ventilation of your house, but I would suggest changing candles. If your candles are very sooty, it is because it is a cheap wick, or a wick with lead in it. Both very common in the market place. My wife burns candles in our house all the time. No soot here. No cheap candles either. Try burning
candles made from bees wax. Good Luck, Jack the Contractor
 
  #3  
Old 12-28-99, 08:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

Call your local gas co. and have your system inspected, you may have other problems which could cause some real problems.
Bill
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes