new a/c

Old 03-24-00, 09:34 PM
Visiting Guest
I am going to have installed central a/c and heat in my 950 sq. ft house which was built in 64. I am thinking of having radiant foil put under the attic eaves as attic gets very hot in Austin,Tx. Would you do this and also what would or could you recomend as far as brands for the a/c? I want to do it right the first time is my motto. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-00, 04:34 AM
Visiting Guest
CMae, with that hot Texas sun, and to help on cooling bills. first make sure you have good ventilation in the attic. I suggest putting insulation down between the ceiling and attic ( in the ceiling joists ).
As far as model or brand, that pretty much what the contractor likes and is comfortable with. I like to use Bryant myself, and find it to hold up great and preform good for my customers. Now heres where i'll step on some toes... Goodman, janitrol out of Texas I dont recomend. what i would say, is get the better fan coil, something with an ICM motor. its quiet, very cost efficent. Also you might want to look into the PURON line of refrigerants. Bryant has them along with Carrier ( sister companys) and right out of the box with out any added costs you will get 14 SEER, which in most areas will give you a rebate with the electric company. The reason you might want to look at Puron (R-410a) is that R-22 is being phased out like the automotive freon was. and we all know how the cost is on that! Now just a quick guest on the size would be about 2 ton. Good luck, and you might want to check differant web pages, call differant contractors.
Bob
Moyer's Heating & Air