SEAR :??

Old 03-27-00, 07:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Getting new central ac and heating units. What sear ( not sure of spelling of it) is best or worth the money. One contractor says no less than 12 other says 10 is just fine.
Also is flex duct better than metal. One says don't have to worry about holes or anything happen to it (flex) ( I work for a nat. gas co. and have to go into quit afew attics and looks like to me flex is subject to sag. On the other hand they say that metal could comdensate and rust and being in the attic will build up heat in the summer and will not cool as well. Thanks rodney

Old 03-28-00, 03:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Rodney, ok it called SEER ( seasonal energy efficiency rating ) the greater the number the less it will cost you to run. a two ton unit will give you two tons. but the cost to run it can be a lot less the higher the SEER. now the draw back to this is that the cost of the equipment is greater too. but it will pay for its self in about 4-6 years. and the warranty is longer.
I use nothing but fiberboard and flex duct with no problem at all, if the contractor installs it right and uses good stuff to begin with it will serve you for many years to come , and even out last the equipment. good luck and i hope i have answered you question.

Bob
Moyer's Heating & Air

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: