Heat pump - no A/C

Old 05-06-00, 06:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

We have a York heat pump. We installed a new programmable thermostat last fall and it worked fine through the winter. However, we have set it to cooling but only hot air comes out of the vents. Is there something we need to do, or is there a problem with the thermostat or heat pump?
Thank you,
Cindy

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-00, 07:48 PM
Visiting Guest
ok... there are two things to check here... first, put the unit in the heating mode, and check to see if the outside unit is working.... if it works in heat then it should work in cooling...now if the outside doesnt work, it could be electrical,either high or low voltage. now check it in cooling, is the unit outside working? fan blowing, compressor humming? let me know what you find

Old 05-09-00, 10:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm having the same problem...
the outside unit is not working when cooling, but is working when heating. I had the motor in the outside unit replaced just last year (there was an obstruction preventing the fan from turning, which burned out the motor).
Is there anything I can check myself or is it time to call a repairman? The outside unit is 20+ years old; is it time to replace it??
thanks!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R-12guy:
ok... there are two things to check here... first, put the unit in the heating mode, and check to see if the outside unit is working.... if it works in heat then it should work in cooling...now if the outside doesnt work, it could be electrical,either high or low voltage. now check it in cooling, is the unit outside working? fan blowing, compressor humming? let me know what you find<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 05-09-00, 02:12 PM
Visiting Guest
call a repair man