help...pilot light problem!

Old 09-26-03, 07:18 AM
owliz99
Visiting Guest
Unhappy help...pilot light problem!

plz help me warm up my home...this summer when it was hot i blew out the pilot light and turned the furnace to manual inorder to blow the cold air from the basement upstairs...now it's freezing in northern ontario and i haven't got a clue what a pilot light looks like...i know that i need to depress the red button and switch to pilot light...which is all well and good but what does a pilot light look like on a furnace...i am ashamed to say i don't remember where i blew it out months ago...thx

Old 09-26-03, 08:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pilot Light

Ok so you know the gas valve it sounds. From this there should be a small 1/4" tube and the thermocouple that goes on in the furnace at the end of them is where you light the pilot. Put your lighter in there first then push down on that red button and hold it till the pilot stays on when you let go. ED

Old 09-26-03, 08:32 AM
owliz99
Visiting Guest
Unhappy thx Ed but ....

i am not used to feeling like such a typical female...ready to die my hair blonde too...i appreciate your response but i still can't tell where it is...i hear the sound of gas but i can't tell exactly where it's coming from...i put in an email to airco for a picture, schematic or something...thermocoupling is not a term i am fimilar with so i don't know what it looks like either...thx for the reply though

Old 09-26-03, 08:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
PILOT

AT the gas valve there is a small tube that comes out of it. that goes to the pilot. See where it goes. Let the furnace just sit and vent a little bit then put the match at the pilot there at the end of that tube. Then push on the red button. You didnt say is this is Nat are LP gas. The thermocouple is the other line out of the gas valvesmall copper like goes to the pilot light there it looks like a big nail that get red hot from the pilot light. This is the saftey that wont let your gas valve come on if the pilot light goes out.

DONT GO blonde------------- yet ED

Old 09-30-03, 07:00 AM
owliz99
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up thx again Ed

thx 4 answering my questions...very nice of you...i did end up calling someone to do it for me...but my hair is still auburn...thx!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: