removing a raidiator

Old 09-29-03, 04:07 AM
moonfeather
Visiting Guest
removing a raidiator

im not to sure if im posting in the right forum (if im not, could someone please direct me to the right one)

i want to remove a working raidiator from a wall, any advice on how to go about doing it would be appreciated.

thanks.

Old 09-29-03, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it water or electric?

Old 09-29-03, 06:35 AM
moonfeather
Visiting Guest
water.

what i want to know is, if i take it off the wall...can i leave it off the wall and still use the other raidiators in the house?

Old 09-29-03, 10:13 AM
Yes you should be fine just be sure the supply and return are capped. 99% of the time the radiators are in parralel not series.

Old 09-29-03, 10:30 AM
moonfeather
Visiting Guest
i have no idea what capped means!......sorry, im really hopeless at this DIY stuff!

i have another question....

must i turn the water off at the mains when takin the raidiator off the wall?

Old 09-29-03, 10:59 AM
boiler

First the capped pipe Matt said. You get then at home depot or lowes. Its call a pipe cap and you put it on the pipe there so the water dont come out when you turn the boiler back on.

Now the water you have to turn the water off at the autofill there on the boiler. Then you have to open the boiler drain c*o*c*k there on the bottom of the boiler. Now go up and open the bleeder valve there on the radiator and let air in till that line has no water in it. pull it out and cap the pipes that went in and out of it.
Turn the water back on fill the boiler and bleed all the air out of all the lines.

If you dont know what a cap is dont you think you should get a tech to look at this for you? ED

Old 09-30-03, 03:38 AM
moonfeather
Visiting Guest
thanks for your advice on how to do this....i also ended up buying a DIY book which had step by step instructions on how to go about doing it. and, im happy to say although i was unconfident about doing it myself, i completed the task last night!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: