First step in furnace fan fix

Old 10-01-03, 10:54 AM
Seragilo
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb First step in furnace fan fix

I know this may seem silly, but I did not see this answer to the furnace fan questions.

My furnace fan was not working, I saw answers about limit switches, motors and all that technical 'stuff' but guess what folks? Behind most every furnace is a switch, a normal light switch in most cases, and you know what? If that puppy is not in the ON position your fan will not work no matter what you do.

So my advice is to take a good look all around your furnace for that switch before you do anything else, you may save yourself the 2 hour headache I had trying to figure out what was wrong!

Trust me, I had envisioned the worst case possible...thank goodness for that 'mystery switch' I found.....to think it actually led somewhere!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-03, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
POWER

I can't count the number of NO HEAT calls I have gone on.Where it has just been the power switch to the furnace.lots of times its been the kids just playing around and hit it. Oh and then----- try and bill them------but all you did was turn on a switch.
Another good one is I turned the tstat to heat and pushed it down like I do for cool but the furnace just wont come on ED