York gas furnace ignition (or lack of)

Old 10-02-03, 04:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York gas furnace ignition (or lack of)

I have a furnace that will not ignite. I just tried to fire it up for the first time this year. The draft blower is running and the A/C works. The unit is a York. It has the air handler, the gas furnace, and the compressor all under one unit outside. When I turn on the thermostat to "fan" it runs. Could this be a problem with the electronic ignition? Do these things have a reputation of any particular part in the furnace going bad? The model # is D1NS030N056067 if this helps at all. Any help you can provide, as always, would by greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-03, 11:30 AM
Anyone???

Anyone have any ideas?? The light on the controller indicates that the unit is operating correctly (dim/bright blinking).

HEEELLLLPPP!!!

Old 10-02-03, 05:38 PM
no glow from hot surface ignitor or spark? need to jump red and white at tstat to rule it out, the see if voltage going through pressure switch and to ignitor.

Old 10-03-03, 03:39 PM
There is no glow, spark or clicking. What am I looking for when I jumber the red and white wires? Can I jumper them at the controller or am I better off at the Tstat?

Thanks for the reply. I figured I wasn't going to get a reply. Thanks again.

Old 10-03-03, 04:21 PM
I jumpered the two wires at the controller with the Tstat off. The same thing happened as turning the Tstat to heat: the draft blower just runs and runs. I kept it jumpered for over 2 min. The delay is set to 120seconds.

There box in line with the main gas line has the ignitor coming off of it. There are two blue wires coming off going to the same location: a whitish gray metal "U". The other wire is (clear insulation) going to a bare piece of wire bent at ~120 degrees. There is also a small gas pipe coming from the inline ignitor going to the same place as the three wires. Is there a way to test this part?

Any other ideas? I would really appreciate any light your expertise could shed on the situation.

Thanks!!