Gas Fireplace won't stay lit, pilot does though

Old 10-04-03, 06:08 AM
juano2001
Visiting Guest
Gas Fireplace won't stay lit, pilot does though

I have lennox gas fireplace that will run for about 10 or 15 minutes then the valve turns off. If you wait long enough it will restart again. The thermostst is set to give a constant demand the entire time. If I turn the gas valve and pilot off right after it goes out, after a few seconds I hear a click and am then able to relight the burner right away, other wise just waiting about 10- 15 minutes will light on its own as long as the gas valve is on.
We are approaching heating season and need to get this figured out. Thanks in advance to all who reply. From other posts I gather I need to check for 24 volts at burner on gas demand, I will do this and post results.

Thanks again.

Old 10-04-03, 09:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds more like you're going out on high limit. You've probably got dirty filter, clogged heat exchanger or something along those lines. If it's been more than a year since you've had it cleaned call a pro. If you have a media filter it needs changed once a month.

Old 10-04-03, 01:03 PM
juano2001
Visiting Guest
This is a fireplace not a furnace, no filters or heat exchanger, and if I went out on high limit it wouldn't reset itself would it?

Old 10-04-03, 06:03 PM
juano2001
Visiting Guest
where to measure voltage to gas valve?

Can anyone tell mewhere to measure voltage to gas valve?

Old 10-04-03, 07:39 PM
juano2001
Visiting Guest
Just realized have millivolt system

Just realized have millivolt system no need to look for 24V to valve right?? Guess next step is to replace thermopile since pilto is working fine

Old 10-05-03, 03:18 PM
juano2001
Visiting Guest
Thanks in advance to who reply!!

Old 11-06-13, 07:59 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I just moved into my new home with a gas fireplace, and I'm having this issue, only the fire stays lit for 10 minutes before dying out. Ever find out what the problem was?

Thanks!

Old 11-06-13, 03:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Please don't piggyback on an old thread. It's usually confusing for those trying to be of help.

Start a new thread and describe the problems you are having with your fireplace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: