No hot water heating on second floor

Old 10-04-03, 07:36 AM
Dave321
Visiting Guest
No hot water heating on second floor

Hey all,

I recently drained my water heating pipes to install a new baseboard heater in the kitchen. Now that it's all done, I am having no luck getting the heat to return to the second floor. The first floor is fine, all the pipes are working and heat is being distributed correctly.

Possible that I still have air in the upstairs pipes? The return pipe is full of hot water though - but I have two loops that return into one pipe.

Any suggestions on how to force hot water to the second floor?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-03, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot water

Do you have the water turned back on ,on the auto fill there?
Do you have bleeders up there on the top floor and you get water out of them? The psi for 2 floors should be about 18 --20lb if the gauge is right. ED

Old 10-04-03, 09:25 AM
brickeyee
Visiting Guest
Bled the first floor to get out any remaining trapped air, then bleed the second floor. The second floor probably has no water, just all air. Radiator bleeders are usually on the top at the outflow end and often need a small square 'key, baseboards are behind the removable cover at the outflow end of each section and usually have a screw to open and let air out. Make sure the fill valve in the basement is open and the thermostat is set below room temperature (system off)..

Old 10-04-03, 07:01 PM
Dave321
Visiting Guest
THANKS!

Thanks all....found the square bleeder valve on the three radiators on the second floor....bled the air...everything is working fine...

Thanks again!