heating oil vent and fill pipe

Old 10-15-03, 05:58 AM
tobyo
Visiting Guest
Question heating oil vent and fill pipe

I need to move my fill and vent pipes... I added a garage and they are now inside it!..... frankly I would be happy to leave them there but I suspect there is a code about that.
Does anyone know what the usual reg's are about the location of these items?..... could I leave them there?.... heating oil fumes aren't exactly explosive a bit stinky perhaps when recently filled, but.....

Old 10-15-03, 08:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oil tank

I would check with code there where you are. Id say they have to be vent and fill outside for sure. ED

Old 10-15-03, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toby,

Check your Code or oil co. about that.. If your code allows it, and your ok with it, then leave it.. Just as long the Oil Co can get in to refill your tank when it's time to do it.

Otherwise, have your Oil co move it for you if your not handy with it

Old 10-15-03, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't say whether it is OK by code but it is a pain for the fuel company. I currently have a garage door opener from one of my customers who did the same thing and doesn't want to put more holes in the house. If that tank got hot during a fire, I'm sure the oil would eventually vaporize and add to the fire.

Old 10-15-03, 05:39 PM
marangio
Visiting Guest
question for ken

hi ken, need some more info please. manny from pa. get back to me @ marangio@att.net thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: