Natural gas heater problem

Old 10-19-03, 07:22 AM
Pigman
Visiting Guest
Natural gas heater problem

As usual this year I had to go upstairs and light my pilot for my heat. When we turned the heat on the blower came on, but the heat did not. I looked and there was no flame (other than the pilot). Now not only can I not get flame to start, I cannot get the blower to cut off. I've even set the thermostat back to off, but still it runs. It's been going for over a day now. Any ideas as to problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-03, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
FURNACE

Read post #2 need more info here. What you have.Did you turn the gas valve over to on after you lit the pilot. You can try and hit the side of the unit hard with your hand and see if that will stop the blower "stuck relay". In attic could be warm and keep the blower on?. Do you have 24 volts to the gas valve. INFO INFO ED

Old 10-19-03, 02:13 PM
Pigman
Visiting Guest
Hehe...

Yeah, turned the gas to on and I really like the idea of smacking the hell out of it ;D. I'll get the info on my trip up into the attic when I'm back home.

Thanks

Old 10-19-03, 02:47 PM
Pigman
Visiting Guest
OK...

The gas valve is 24 VDC.

T-stat is digital.

I can not think of any other than the fan relay switch being stuck. Is this repairable or should I bite the bullet and call professional help? Not sure if it's noteworthy, but currently the air conditioning will not work either.

Thanks

Old 10-19-03, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blower

So blower stayed on after you hit it ,ok. You can check tstat if you want.turn power off. take wires off tstat mark them. turn power on. Now jump R to W should turn gas on R to G should give you fan only. R to Y should turn outdoor unit on.Does tstat have batteries? are they good ,OR call a hvac tech. ED

Old 10-19-03, 05:19 PM
Pigman
Visiting Guest
Thanks for help...

I'll try the t-stat wirings. I switched batteries already to make sure of that. If not that I'll bring in a pro.

Thanks