Dead

Old 10-23-03, 10:53 AM
jeame
Visiting Guest
Dead

Something has crawled into the duct work for my heat pump and died. What can I do about the stench besides tearing apart the ducts to find it?

Old 10-23-03, 11:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It smells

Been there done that. All you can do is find it. Have put like Air wick or other scents there. By the filter or blower intake and turn the blower on run

Your better off than the people that got home and found out that their big dog had been after a squirrel all day long in the home ROOM BY ROOM upstairs and down. ED

Old 10-23-03, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
My dead critter story.

After thinking my lr rug needed shampooing in a mobile we once owned I was surprised that the faint odor had not gone away after cleaning.
After cutting several holes in the underside I found a dead mother cat with kittens in a pretty vigorous state of decomp.

Happy hunting!

BTW, a spray painter's respirator with a carbon element will allow you to get close enough to do the clean-up.

Old 10-23-03, 05:12 PM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Returns

Look in the return duct...it's the closest to the fl;oor in most cases and the one that sucks air in....the others blow out...look in the furnace area...mice have a tendenacy to biuld nests in there and sometimes they get zapped. look for the little dropping that look like small black rice, or insulation that has been piled up. Once the area is found clean it with a cup of bleach to a gallon of water. A car air freshner in the return duct will help too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: