decorative duct work

Old 10-23-03, 07:02 PM
Jim Grif
Visiting Guest
decorative duct work

I have seen exposed decorative ductwork in restaurants and other commercial establishments. Is a similar product manufactured and distributed for home use? Any info is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-03, 04:25 AM
Are you talking about the spiral duct?

Old 10-24-03, 05:59 AM
Jim Grif
Visiting Guest
decorative ductwork

Mattison,

I am not sure. I'm thinking of the ductwork that is often round, hangs down from the ceiling, and appears to come (or maybe it's painted) in a variety of colors/patterns. I hope this info helps.

Old 10-24-03, 10:21 AM
Duct work

Like Matt not sure what your after. Id say all of the store and restaurant's here have it. We use it a lot for under slab jobs because the way the seam is in the spiral pipe its much stronger.
You can ask around hvac shops they could make you some if they have the machine. We buy our pipes wholesale.
One of the main points here is they can make a spiral pipe right there on the job. As long as they want it and the size they want with this one machine. So you see its not for the looks at all and they paint it on the job. ED

Old 10-24-03, 11:03 AM
Jim Grif
Visiting Guest
Based on what i've looked at on a couple of manufacturer websites, Spiral Ductwork is what i had in mind! The websites that i located though were wholesalers. Do either of you know if spiral ductwork is sold in small quantities for the retail consumer?

I have an area in my basement that would benefit ascetically from this product.

Thanks

Old 10-24-03, 11:29 AM
Lightbulb Duct work

I would call around there where you are . Its like lots of time we have left over pipe. Ask the shop's there what and if they have some are can get it for you. It also comes in oval.
I dont think you will find it retail. Like I said we order it in for a whole job. A company on a big job makes what they need right there. ED

Old 10-24-03, 12:13 PM
You should be able to go to a sheet metal shop and set up a cash account and they may sell it to you.

Old 10-24-03, 02:47 PM
Jim Grif
Visiting Guest
Thanks for you help!