remove hot water radiator

Old 11-02-03, 03:57 PM
lindalou
Visiting Guest
Question remove hot water radiator

OK, can anyone tell me how to remove a hot water radiator? I want to install a floating floor, and have to remove the radiator to do it. There is already a subfloor, and I have to put in a lower one, so you don't trip going from one room to the next.

I attempted to remove it today, but I must have done something wrong because the water never stopped.

Help???

Old 11-02-03, 04:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You will need to remove enough water from the total system to drop the level below the floor of the room you are working in. It would be helpful to open the bleeders on the radiators on that level and above to allow air to enter the system. When everything is drained, you can remove the radiator. Don't allopw the circulating pump to run while the radiator is out or you may get water pushing out of the pipes. When you are finished, close all vents and put the radiator back in. Fill the system and vent out the air and you are back in business.

Old 11-05-03, 07:35 PM
Brandx30
Visiting Guest
I would definately advise you to have someone come in and disconnect it for you. Not knowing exactly what you have there for a radiator it could be threaded pipe or soldered copper. Either way there are certain procedures you must follow to disconnect and then reconnect the radiator again. Refilling the system and venting can sometime be a littlle tricky and if you're not to sure you could very easily end up with one hell of a mess.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: