AC leaking water in garage

Old 08-29-00, 05:43 PM
Visiting Guest
My house is 1-1/2 years old. My AC is leaking all over my garage floor. The warranty ran out about 6 months ago. The AC is still cooling fine, I just have water all over the garage. The builder said that the manufacturer would pay for defective parts, but I can't afford a service call for AC repair. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated as I am totally broke and it looks like a long-term situation. Thanx!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-00, 06:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Mom:

I'm a little confused. Is this a new problem or has it been leaking since the beginning? If a new problem, then you just a buildup of slimy gunk in the drain line or cooling coil drain pan. Quickest way the fix it is to flush the line from the outside with your garden hose. If the cooling coil is on top of the furnace, shut off the power to everything first. You don't want water to leak into the furnace or fan motor. Hit it with some water and let it all drain back out. You'll probably see a bunch of nasty slimy stuff come out. If this has been a problem since you moved in, then the builder should make it right. Thanks. John.

Old 08-29-00, 07:48 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi BigJohn! Thanx so much for your reply. This is a recent problem, a couple weeks. At first just a little water, easy to ignore. Then more water, now lots of water. I will try what you suggested and let you know if it works. Thanx again for being kind enough to help me out. God bless you!
Terri

Old 08-30-00, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Single Mom, you can also try the Hose trick from in side, if you have a tee and a cap near the unit in the Garage, remove the cap and use the hose in there to BLOW the junk out, doing it from the outside in can sometimes lead to problems....Like blowing all that crap into the system just for it to plug up again...and seeing from where you are from, there could be a lizard or any number of bugs in the line also.. My dads unit i fixed ( Inverness ) by installing a P- trap and tee inside and by doing a trap on the outside also... using elbows.... this created a water stop unless they like swimming under water it stopped anything from crawlin up the pipe... and the cap is removed so bleach can be poured down it to control algee..a couple of bucks at Porters or Home Depot, but he now has a dry garage.

Old 09-05-00, 12:05 PM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by single mom:
My house is 1-1/2 years old. My AC is leaking all over my garage floor. The warranty ran out about 6 months ago. The AC is still cooling fine, I just have water all over the garage. The builder said that the manufacturer would pay for defective parts, but I can't afford a service call for AC repair. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated as I am totally broke and it looks like a long-term situation. Thanx!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>