Is this supposed to happen?

Old 11-09-03, 11:13 AM
BIGCHUCK
Visiting Guest
Question Is this supposed to happen?

I have a familiar problem. I have a 20 year old (?) bryant heating system. I am wondering if it is working properly. Is the fan supposed to be blowing while the flames are heating, or is it supposed to be heat, then blow? I looked at the other forums and couldn't find an answer. Any help is appreciated.

belle

Old 11-09-03, 07:12 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Belle,

Must be a new home for you? I'll go over how a heating system will work on gas furances.
~~~~

-T-Stat calls for heat

-24 volts flows

-The gas valves opens, and pilot lights the burners.

-Burners runs for a few minutes to heat up the heat exchanger.

-Some model, main blower will kick on when temp is reached of what the control is set up, other modle, willl turn on the fan after X-amount of time.

-Both fan and the burners stays on the whole time while the t-stat is calling for heat.

-Temp is met of what the t-stat is set at and 24volts is not being sent to the gas valve.

- Gas valve shuts off, burners goes out.

-Main fan stays running till the temp in the heat exchanger is cooled down and then shuts off.. (time of fan shutting off after burner will vary from time to time)

make sure you have your filter changed for good air flow, and keep the heat exchanger from over heating (burner will cycle on and off while the fan is running)

Hope this helps you! :-)

Old 11-10-03, 04:36 AM
BIGCHUCK
Visiting Guest
still a problem

Thanks now I have some understanding of what is going on. The problem is that the burners always go off before the fan comes on. The entire heating unit gats hot. Maybe this is supposed to because of the heat inside. Should it be contained? Someone told me the fan switch could be bad, which might explain the fan operating at the wrong time. What do you think?

Belle

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: