Pilot will not stay lit in gas furnace

Old 11-12-03, 07:45 PM
aapexoutlets
Visiting Guest
Pilot will not stay lit in gas furnace

I have attempted to light my pilot and it does stay lit until I move the knob from pilot to on, then the pilot goes out. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 11-13-03, 01:32 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pilot won't stay alight

Could one of 2 reasons
1) The pilot flame is not heating the thermocouple enough to enable the t/c to hold the gas valve in.
2) the thermocouple is faulty and needs replacing.
The thermocouple generates a very amount of power to enable the solenoid inside the gas valve to hold the valve open to allow the gas to carry on flowing to the pilot flame.
Q 1) Is the pilot flame impringing on the thermocouple enough?and is it big enough
most polit assemblies have small 'spud' as a jet over time these can get blocked
DON"T try and clean get a new one. Note the size is usually on the end for Nat Gas will be the range 1.1 to 2.1. replace with the same size.

Old 11-13-03, 11:42 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb pilot

you can take the thermocouple with you . Are see how long it is and get one like it. Get the one with a kit that will fit all is best.
A can of air from the pc store bend that red thing up and blow all around the pilot venturi .Blow it out good put the new T/C in and give it a try. ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: