thermostat?

Old 11-13-03, 09:34 AM
Jason A R
Visiting Guest
thermostat?

I think my thermostat is bad. The furnace wont light when I turn the heat up. But if I take the wires off the old thermostat and hook them together the furnace fires up.
I replaced the thermostate with a used one that I know works. It still wont light.
Here is my theroy the furnace that will only light when I hold the wires together is a rdaiant gas with no fan. the furnace that the used thermostate came off of had a fan. do i need to get a thermostate that is used for a furnace that has no fan?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-03, 10:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question INFO INFO

Read post #1 WE do need the info of just what you have . then we can try and help you. Is this a thermopile unit ED

Old 11-13-03, 10:49 AM
Jason A R
Visiting Guest
here is all the info i could find
make of furnace williams furnace CO.
Modle # 35GV-5
35000 BTU Natural Gas
gravity vented wall furnace
year...1977

wire coming out of wall is two wire red and white

old thermostat has this info on inside 30 volts A.C. max 32391 D32005 Class2 and it only had two places to hook the wires to

replacement thermostat is.. Honeywell LR1620 class 2 30V max. It has switch for heat off cool and another switch for on fan auto. it also has 4 screws to hook wires to W,R,Y,G,
When i removed the replacement thermostat it worked and i marked the screws W and R that i unhooked. This is what i hooked the wires to and it dosent work. Is it becouse this replacement thermostat is designed to only work with a furnace that has a fan?

Old 11-13-03, 11:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tstat

On most wall furnaces with out a fan on them, work with a 750 millivolt Generator. Now that sounds like what you have and it is working, cause when you put the 2 wires together it comes on.
Now the # I have for a honeywell millivolt tstat is

That other tstat sounds like its for 24 volts dont put it on there.

#TS810B1007 about $18.00 in the book

ED