Heater not working

Old 11-30-03, 11:01 AM
jda
Visiting Guest
Heater not working

We have a TRane gas pack. The system will run for about 3-4 minutes and will then shut off. Everything seems to work ok. Flame is blue on two/three tubulators. The middle one has a yellow/orange/blue flame. What can cause the system to shut down?

Old 11-30-03, 11:09 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
i work on these a lot, can you determine if the iducer draft motor is spinning properly with no bearing noise? a lot of pressure switches go bad in those, especially the YCC units

Old 11-30-03, 11:53 AM
jda
Visiting Guest
If you are talking about the motor that pulls air through the heat exchanger, then yes, it is working fine.

Old 11-30-03, 12:01 PM
do you have a meter to see if the pressure switch is dropping out?

Old 11-30-03, 12:09 PM
jda
Visiting Guest
I have a meter that measures ohms & voltage. How would I go about testing the pressure switch?

Unit starts up and runs fine for 5-6 minutes then shuts itself off. When the unit is switched off, an error message is given: "Flame rollout switch open".
How can the rollout switch be tested?
When testing, can the switch be removed from the circuit? (to see if the switch is the problem?)

Last edited by jda; 11-30-03 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-30-03, 03:59 PM
ok, that means a lot, the flame roll out is a sensor that enables the unit to know that there is an overheat condition at the burners, and cuts off the flames. look around the burner section, i think that one is mounted on the sheetmetal cover. either it could be weak, or there is a problem with the burners. pull them and clean them, this may help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: