Here is some info. regarding furnace and thermostat type:

Comfortmaker - RPJ Heat Exchanger - Super High Efficiency
Model # - GUH125A020CIN
Manf. # - GUH125AJCIN
Input BTU - 125,000
Output BTU - 115, 000

Thermostat: Honeywell Programmable

Here is the problem:

After themostat calls for heat, burners ignite, blower engages properly, warm air is distributed. Occasionally though, the blower continues to stay on, blowing cold air, long after requested temp. is reached. During this time when blower continues running, the indoor temp. steadily drops. When thermostat request temp. is increased, with blower still running, burners don't ignite. In either condition, main power must be cycled at furnace to stop blower and resume heat cycle. The blower will continue to run even when the thermostat is removed from the plug in base on wall. Any input/suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-03, 06:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
see if there is a diagnostic light on the circuit board, let us know what it does during failure.

Old 12-07-03, 08:23 AM
curlymon
Visiting Guest
thanks hvac4u for the reply--the red lite on the General 90 total furnace control box (model 50A50-131) stays lit during this problem. The exhaust gas blower is also on and burners are not ignited. The red lite goes off during power cycling, and stays on for 2 seconds when power comes back on (power up check out?)The print on the control box states "If red light stays on, replace control." There is also a charred/somewhat burnt "line" wire connector plug, appears copper wire has green corrosion.
Thanks!

Old 12-08-03, 10:34 AM
curlymon
Visiting Guest
Update--same condition, except this time red light is flashing. Print on control box suggests to check service instructions when red light is flashing. Any idea where I can obtain these instructions, or any suggestions?

Old 12-08-03, 02:20 PM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
You could try cleaning the corroded wire first to see if it makes a difference, but I think that the furnace limit switch is opening. Could be the limit switch is malfunctioning or you may have an overtemp condition. The air filter is clean? What about the cooling coil, is it clean? Try to count the number of flashes. The 50A50 module is made by White-Rodgers.If the light is continuously on, the module has failed.

1 flash = system has locked out

2 flashes = gas valve pressure switch is stuck clpsed

3 flashes = gas valve pressure switch stuck open

4 flashes = open limit switch

5 flashes = open flame rollout switch

6 flashes = short in the flame probe or water sensor

continuous flashing = flame present but thermostat is not calling for heat

Old 12-15-10, 10:04 AM
ARCOAIRE furnace blower problems

Acroaire furnace
Model No: GUH100A016CIN
Mfg. No: GUH100AGCIN

My furnace does the same as this previous post (thank you to its author)... After themostat calls for heat, burners ignite, blower engages properly, warm air is distributed. Occasionally though, the blower continues to stay on, blowing cold air, long after requested temp. is reached. During this time when blower continues running, the indoor temp. steadily drops. When thermostat request temp. is increased, with blower still running, burners don't ignite. In either condition, main power must be cycled at furnace to stop blower and resume heat cycle. The blower will continue to run even when the thermostat is removed from the plug in base on wall. Any input/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

My W-R control module model no. 50A50-131 has a red indicator light the glows solid red. So, if I replace that module, do I replace it with 50M56-843? And, if I do that swap my old Inter-City 50A50-131 module does not have a terminal marked Lo-Heat H and Hi-Heat H. It only has terminal marked Heat on the hot side of the module face. Which wire from the old module should go to Lo-Heat and Hi-Heat on the new module? Any other wiring differences? Thanks for any help.

Old 12-15-10, 02:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's confusing when people revive old threads. My suggestion is to repost on a new thread.