Furnace is Fixed - THANK YOU!

Old 10-07-00, 02:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I can't thank you enough for all your help, even the gent who lectured me for not giving enough info. Big John you were exactly right. The new thermostat installed last summer did NOT have the jumper wire, my son-in-law installed one, and all is ok now. One problem tho, and not terrilby important to me right now is that now the air compressor will not kick on when we try to turn on air??? Nothing was disconnected, only added a jumper between the two as you mentioned. I have told my son-in-law that is something we can worry about once it is not quite so chilly outside. If you have any suggestioned as to what could have happened, I will relay that info to him.
Once again, THANK YOU - You are too wonderful!!!

Old 10-07-00, 02:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi:

Hmmm- Are you sure you have all the power turned back on? Maybe the wire on the Y terminal came loose? Anyway, the heat's on and that's most important right now. Thanks. John.

Old 10-08-00, 07:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Did you wait at least five minutes to confirm this? could be a built in delay to protect the compressor

Old 10-08-00, 07:36 AM
Visiting Guest
Vcdc8648:

Sorry for the lecture. I just wanted to explain that all the things that you don't mention because they are obvious to you when writing the post need to be stated because they aren't obvious to anyone else.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: