Oil Heater Maintenance

Old 12-12-03, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Oil Heater Maintenance

I wrote a few days ago about cleaning my oil heater myself and I was directed to a web site that I reviewed. Although my heater works well and I seem to be on track w/ normal oil consumption, I do believe I could improve its efficiency. I'm thinking about doing 3 things myself: replacing the oil filter, replacing the nozzle and vacuming some of the chimney. My questions are 1) do I have to set the burner or nozzle even if I get the recommended replacement and 2) will these 3 things be close to what a technician would accomplish to maximize efficiency.
Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-03, 08:20 AM
Exclamation oil burner

#1 yes you can but know what you are doing.
oil filter yes
new nozzle the same type and spray angle yes.
set electrode by the book yes.
check pump pressure 100Psi +

clean blower and electrodes.

Be sure and dont move the nozzle set up in are out of the air tube from what it is set for now

And yes you do have to reset the air on the unit

A tech would use a draft gauge a pressure gauge a fyrite CO2 indicator and a thermometer. I like to clean the inside of the furnace with whats call chimney sweep get the furnace hot and spray some of this in it

Yes it should be done each year, A nozzle will wear and the blower will get dirt in the blades so it dont blow the air as it should. also the electrodes should be reset and check out the transformer ED

Old 10-20-08, 11:46 AM
Smile oil burner nozzle

I want to change my own nozzle in my beckett burner...can anyone help me out with this?? Thanks so much for your help