blower relay?

Old 10-14-00, 02:22 AM
Visiting Guest
I have an old electic furnace/ac comb. The blower works fine w/ac. With furnace it won't come on. I get heat no fan. Can operate fan manually. Blower relay? If so what does it look like or where should I look for it. Help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-00, 06:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi Steve:

If the fan will work in ON along with the heat, then the problem isn't the fan relay. Most electric furnaces use sequencers to operate the heat strips and the fan during the heating cycle. The fan has to come on with the first stage strip and go off with the first stage strip. The first stage strip and the fan are usually one sequencer by themselves and the rest of the strips are electrically interlocked to the first one. Look down thru the archives and you'll find a lengthy response I wrote where I talked a lot about how to troubleshoot sequencers. You have to go back a few pages. The original post was from RlRing1. I tried to copy & paste it here but couldn't and it's too long to retype. My money says your first stage sequencer is bad. Give us a holler if you need more help. Thanks. John.