heat pump needs help

Old 12-20-03, 04:57 PM
luci420
Visiting Guest
heat pump needs help

I have a heat pump that needs the three contact replaced on the out side unit and the coils cleaned on the inside unit. the inside unit looks like it is clogged real bed. is there a cleaning solution i can get so i don't have to pay an arm and a leg???? And how hard would it be for me to replace the contacts myself?????

Old 12-20-03, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
contactors are not hard to replace, get an exact match, wire it up the same way as the old one, be sure power is off. clean the coil with a household cleaner. we use a special mix, but try this first... brush it off first, spray with cleaner, brush again then rinse. go with the direction of the coil fins taking care not to damage the coil.

Old 12-21-03, 08:44 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Dirt

Just like to add keep a shop vac right there as you do what mike said. Home depot did have whats call a fin comb for the coil this will help also. If you changed the filter more you dont have to do this all the time ED

Old 12-21-03, 12:54 PM
luci420
Visiting Guest
Should any type of household cleaner be ok? I normally use grease lightning? the dirt is caked on real good. What type of store can i find the contactors at?
Thanks for all the help

Old 12-21-03, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Lightbulb dirt

If it just dirt and like hair.Get as much off as you can first with the brush and shop vac . Then Id use water till most of it was off then what you have and like 409 for now. try and use a fin comb there. Dont put that old filter back in get a new one. If it is this bad. Pull the blower out and clean it also at this time. The cup finns in the blades will have dirt in them and if you dont get it out the blower cant blow air. Make sure you get them all clean dont miss any. ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: