rollout causes

Old 12-22-03, 03:16 PM
ejsoots
Visiting Guest
rollout causes

Could someone please explain to me possible causes of rollout. I know of the major causes; one being the exchanger being dirty, and one being a restiction or clog in the flue. I checked for open switches and bad connections. Both seem to be okay! Also, I replaced the control module because I lost power to my HIS, (glow plug). (HIS) power has been restored, but still experiencing the rollout after the furnace has been energized for an hour or so! I am loosing my mind on this one. Someone please advise. Your will be greatly apprecited!
THANK YOU!

Old 12-22-03, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gas pressure could be too high, dirty burners, bad heat exchanger, weak roll out switch. how old and what make?

Old 12-22-03, 07:53 PM
ejsoots
Visiting Guest
roll out

THANK YOU! THIS UNIT IS A LUXAIRE: MODEL # PBKM-LD14N100, APROX. AGE OF 7 YEARS OLD. I WILL CHECK THOSE THINGS YOU SUGGESTED & GET BACK WITH YOU! THANKS A MILLION!

Old 12-23-03, 05:33 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Question

What is Rollout?

Old 12-23-03, 09:49 PM
ejsoots
Visiting Guest
Exclamation ANDY - ROLLOUT

ANDY, ROLLOUT IS A CONDITIONAL CODE; USUALLY DISPLAYED BY A LED FAULT CODE; (FLASH)! FEEL FREE TO RESPOND!

Old 12-24-03, 04:24 AM
Rollout is a condition where the combustion flame actually "rolls" out of the combustion chamber. I've seen it so bad to where the control wires were melted. This can be a very dangerous situation and taken care of.

Always rember when checking the combustion process of your furnace stand to the side and not in front of it. I've seen guys get all the hair burnt off there face from roll out.

Old 12-24-03, 06:20 AM
very dangerous

that is why rollout switches are manual reset, so you know they tripped

Old 12-24-03, 08:58 AM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Oh! Thanks!
15 years ago, Myself and another person were lighting an a.o.smith water heater, when a giant flame ripped out and went 4 feet over the top of the heater, right past our faces.
Now that's what I call roll out

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: