Time to replace oil burner motor?

Old 01-05-04, 02:27 PM
rsalt
Visiting Guest
Question Time to replace oil burner motor?

#1- I have an old (circa 1974)Wesco oil furnace with a GE burner motor that keeps tripping its red safety switch. I reset the WB box switch (red safety switch which also pops about 45 seconds after the burner motor trips), then push the reset on the burner motor and it fires back up, but it intermittently keeps tripping. Had a service guy come out, did a basic service, changed oil filter, clean electrodes, new nozzle etc.. worked fine for a couple days then tripped again. Could the motor just be going out? When it trips I can touch the motor housing but it is very warm.

#2 What should the fan limit settings be.. right now low off limit is at about 90, on setting at 120, high off setting is 180.

Thanks.

Old 01-05-04, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Lightbulb motor

If the motor trips its own safety I think its time for a new one here

As far as fan limit limit set 180o or 190o the fan its more in what you like110to120 on 90 to 110 off. Off is just so its like a little warm when it stops ED

Old 01-05-04, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Change the motor and get a 1/6 hp motor instead of the 1/7 which is a few dollars cheaper. When you install the blower wheel on the motor shaft, be sure to keep it as close as possible (within 1/8") of the air inlet side of the burner housing. If you have a long enough allen wrench, you can adjust the clearance after the motor is mounted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: