Need info, on a aircondition unit

Old 01-08-04, 02:35 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bucks Co.
Posts: 175
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need info, on a aircondition unit

Last summer I seen that home depot and lowes were selling this air condition, It was the type that stands up in the house and you ran a hose to the window. Does anyone have any info on this air conditioner.

I'm trying to find a web page that sells them to get info on them, like how much they are, and what type of btu's they can put out.

Any help would be great, What they call that type of air condition would be a great start. I thought they were called split-air air conditions but I can't seem to find them on the web.
Old 01-09-04, 06:38 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 17,505
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb A/C

I would try and look at whats called the mini-split systems. they also come as a heat pump. Look for a Samsung ductless split systems. ED
Old 01-09-04, 01:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I remember seeing the item you described.
8000 btu of cooling. There price seems a bit high at $799.00

You could by almost buy a mini split system for that price and keep all the noise outside where it belongs.
FYI a mini split is just like a big A/C unit, except there is no duct work, it just blows cold air without the noise of a window unit.

In fact I have seen a window unit installed in a makeshift computer room and they put a can on the back on the window unit and duct it to the outdoors. Bascily thats what this unit is.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: