Repair on old Magic Chef Furnace

Old 01-08-04, 06:39 PM
DavidFoster
Visiting Guest
Repair on old Magic Chef Furnace

I'm trying to find parts for an old Magic Chef oil burning forced hot air furnace that has been converted to gas. The blower (but not the blower motor, which is mounted on top) is on it's last legs. I suspect that the bearings around the blower's shaft have worn out, and it squeaks/squeals/screeches while it's in operation.

It seems like a fairly straightforward thing to replace, but I can't find anywhere to buy one. Neither Johnstone Supply nor Grainger list any Magic Chef parts. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 01-08-04, 06:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb blower

Try Grainger or Johnstone supply again. dont ask for parts for that furnace.You can get shafts and bearings for all of the old blowers. Just ask for the right shaft and the bearings. They have them in their books ED

Old 01-08-04, 06:55 PM
DavidFoster
Visiting Guest
Ed,

Thanks for the quick response - I'm always surprised that someone is reading this stuff.

There is a Johnstone Supply not far from me. Would taking the shaft and bearings in be a good idea? I'm familiar with auto parts suppliers and I would always bring parts with me there, but HVAC contractors and suppliers seem to have their own way of doing things.

Thanks again for the help.

David

Old 01-09-04, 05:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes. It is best to take them with you to get an exact match.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: