vents

Old 01-13-04, 09:56 AM
Lizsa
Visiting Guest
vents

I realized that when I put my hand close to my ceiling vent, very little heat comes out of it.

I would like to unscrew the vent and see if there is any blockage. Any suggestions/ideas why hot air is not blowing out of this vent?

Old 01-13-04, 10:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb registers

Is your filter clean? blower clean? if AC is coil clean? Is blower on high?.Duct in the attic no body stepped on it ? lets look at them first then take the register off. Filters should be new every 30 to 90 days. ED

Old 01-13-04, 11:28 AM
Lizsa
Visiting Guest
vents

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, yeah I changed the filter and it really is not blowing on 3 vents only. My room vent is OK, so are the bathrooms. Where is the blower? Sorry I'm learning on how to do it myself.

Old 01-13-04, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
heat

The blower is in the unit.Is it up in the attic or where? do you have AC on this also? How long have you been there in the home? ED

Old 01-13-04, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where was the filter? the blower is in the furnace or indoor coil unit. check the registers themselves to see if dampers are closed or restricted. also often the installer will have put dampers in the takeoff duct from the trunk line or plenum (main supply box at furnace/coil unit) there also is the possibility that the way the duct was initially run is not allowing enough air volume to the branch ducts in question

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: