Heating Ducts

Old 01-13-04, 08:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Heating Ducts

I have a Coleman Forced air heating unit on my '90 Marlette double wide and it is blowing my heat all under my house instead of in it. I crawled under the house to find what can best describe as a down pointing metal triangle duct w/1 hole on each side connected to giant tubes like the ones that connect to your dryer exhaust. Both of these were disconnected and laying on the ground. I had no room to work and even less know how. Does anybody even have an idea what an estiumate to fix this would be? Soes it just take some hose clamp style connectors? Rough specialist price for fix? Thanks!
Old 01-14-04, 10:09 AM
HotBacon's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Shillington, PA
Posts: 146
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm no expert to say the least, but I'd say just reconnect the "giant tubes like the ones that connect to your dryer exhaust" to the "down pointing metal triangle duct w/1 hole on each side ". Use hose clamps, duct tape, or nothing depending how well it all fits. Anything to get the heat blowing back into your house!
Old 01-14-04, 10:48 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 17,505
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Lightbulb flex duct

Home D pot and SLowes have the bands to put this pipe back on with. They are like a wire tie. You should also get some duct sealant or called duct mastic to seal it up after you get the clamp bands on it.

Id also look for some one to put this all in duct work for you under the home . This is not the first one where the flex duct went to H*** under the double wide


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: