help me select a custom heat and air system

Old 01-15-04, 08:34 AM
gonzosc1
Visiting Guest
help me select a custom heat and air system

Need help!! I'm looking for advise on finding a heat and air system for a small homebuilt audio recording studio.
Here's the deal. Myself and a friend are using a 2 door garage.
we are building 2 rooms inside this garage, room #1 is 7'x15', room #2 is 16x22'. the rooms will be very well insulated and every crack will be filled for sound isolation.
I guess its safe to say that I "don't" need the standard heat and air unit for a 1200 sq ft home. so what are some options?????????
anybody!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-04, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Heat A/C

Go to www.warmair.net This well compare fuel cost for you.

Get 3 bids for the job.Have them run a heat loss and A/C load An as far as sound goes you want 80" per ton in the duct work and build a sound trap at any outlets. All duct work out of fiberglass duct board .Dont let them forget the equipment load you will have there. ED

Old 01-17-04, 07:12 AM
HVACELECT
Visiting Guest
well since you say that the room will be well insulated I would recomend a mini split heat pump system they are great and require no duct work and run totaly on electricty

Old 01-17-04, 07:16 AM
Lightbulb heat and cool

They work all right . But that would put the fan sound right in the room there. Dont think they want are need that ED

Old 01-18-04, 10:45 AM
gonzosc1
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies. I did look into the mini splits, the install would be easy but the noise would be a factor. the most silent one advertised still gives off 30db of sound.
I guess I will look into the small moble home systems, thats all I can think of. anyway thanks for the help.

Old 01-18-04, 11:20 AM
A/C

Trane has a 1 1/2 ton unit That would work here for you .It sure would make a lot less noise than the moble home one. they have better blower's on them. Have used them in radio station's ED

Old 01-18-04, 11:48 AM
gonzosc1
Visiting Guest
Thanks ED, I will check into it. my budget is small so I might have to find a used system. wood prices have really put a clamp on some of my plans for this studio. when I started building OSB plywood was $5.25 a sheet. now its $16.00. so I'm just trying to get by.

Old 01-18-04, 11:51 AM
Lightbulb A?C

When you do get to it make the duct out of ductboard and you can build a sound trap in it. ED