Hydronic Switching Relay for heating house

Old 11-10-00, 02:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I had posted a question this morning concerning the heating system for my house...however, the post appears to have been deleted. The gist of the question is that one of the four Honeywell Hydronic Switching Relays that controls one of the water pumps that circulates hot water through the radiators in the house short circuited. I have had no success in finding a replacement for this Hydronic Switching Relay R882C from Honeywell. They suggested some Honeywell dealers in my area (Boston), who have indicated that they don't have this part. Where can I look for a similar part, or how do I find a suitable replacement? Was my post deleted because this is an inappropriate forum for this question?

thanks,
Ken

Old 11-10-00, 06:21 PM
Visiting Guest
Try looking in your yellow pages under plumbing and heating supplies...when you talk to someone at the counter, tell them you need a switching relay for 24 vac thermostat control of line voltage (circulator) devices. There are several out there that will do the trick.

Good luck
Chris Jones
candcjones@catskill.net

Old 11-11-00, 02:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi Ken:

Your post was deleted when I tried submiting a reply yesterday. I dont know why, but it happens occasionally. I found documents on both the old relay and a replacement at Honeywells' technical literature website. Go to http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com/ Click on model and type in r882. You should get 3 documents back as search results. Document # 95-6762 contains the old relay and #60-2481 contains a relay that is a current replacement. [R882J] You have to download the documents separately and you need Acrobat Reader. Thanks. John.

Old 11-11-00, 08:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

Chris and John:
Thank you both very much for your GREAT help. I suspect that I will be able to knock this item off my "to do" list expeditiously as a result of your help.

Many MANY thanks,

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: