how to wire up a propane heater?

Old 01-22-04, 11:13 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
Question how to wire up a propane heater?

Its a 300,000 btu dual fan forced heater with a coil to ignite flame. Can anyone start me off and explain on how ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-04, 04:44 AM
Need a little more info.. Is this just a regular furnace or what..

Old 01-23-04, 06:44 AM
Lightbulb heat

What does the paper that came with the unit show. You should have just a 110V tie in then run the 24V off the transformer to the tstat ED

Old 01-23-04, 02:05 PM
I don't know where in Pennsylvania you are but with a 300,000 btu heater if you get the wiring wrong, I'll probably hear it from my house. I may even see you as you re-enter the atmosphere. Just kidding. You know what us oil guys say, GO gas...Go BOOM. alright, thats enough.

If you tell us what electrical components are there, we can tell you how they get wired. Does it have some sort of pilot. On a furnace that size, there must be a small flame to prove ignition before giving the main burners fuel. And some sort of high limit switch to turn the gas off if thing get too hot. Can you give us model or brand? I'm sure we can get it running for you but even a few pictures would help.

Old 01-24-04, 12:36 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
info on propane unit

input 300000 btu/hr
Thermo output capacity 231000 btu/hr
thermo efficiency 7%
minimum input (-2 model) 150000
normal manifold pressure 10.0 in.w.c

115 v 1 ph 60 hz max total input
11.0 amps 4.6 watts
normal electrical power consumption 390 watts

It says has a pilot solenoid valve, spark ignitor

it says it has a main control valve intermittent pilot

On the black box that has the wires with the slide lock clips there is a yellow sticker on box that says no regular Lp gas on. Hopefully that is not a big issue. Thank you for helping me

Old 03-14-04, 08:54 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
Hi Ed Imaduc

Hi Ed Imaduc. New problem. Ok the fans are tied into each other. The transformer for the T stat is 2 and 6 pin. I put a wire in the 2 and the 6 and twisted them together to complete the circut. I put power to the two white wires and put power to the two black wires, and nothing happened. The fans should of came on. Is the fans froze up?

Old 03-15-04, 05:35 AM
Lost here on what this is. is this a unit heater?On a lot of them the fan comes on from a fan control .

[QUOTE]On the black box that has the wires with the slide lock clips there is a yellow sticker on box that says no regular Lp gas on.

Just what does this mean do you know??????????????

normal manifold pressure 10.0 in.w.c
All units I know work at 11" W/C

I put power to the two white wires and put power to the two black wires, and nothing happened. The fans should of came on. Is the fans froze up?
Can you spin the fans by hand?? Do you mean you had 24 volts at the transformer now.
ED

Old 03-15-04, 05:09 PM
jay72chevy
Visiting Guest
hey ed

Thanx for replying. Yes the fans can be spun by hand so i guess they are free. I just put 110 power to the one side. The two fans are tied into each other.

Old 03-22-04, 02:37 PM
yes ed, i believe this is a unit heater, remember the 9 inch b vent post? reznor i believe. jay, does this have a wiring diagram?